At LAMPSA HELLENIC HOTELS S.A (hereinafter “LAMPSA”) we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by LAMPSA in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding LAMPSA corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other LAMPSA policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
How you may provide us your personal information
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment forms.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a contact
When making a contact or using LAMPSA services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your requests. This information usually includes your name, e-mail address and language preference.
LAMPSA may use the information you provide to send you information about LAMPSA services.
If you do not wish to receive such information, you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to [email protected], using the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
Information provided to us in communications such as contact forms
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the management team and the company personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Contact forms are stored for a reasonable period of time in our system, one (1) year maximum, for security reasons yet for improved service quality.
By visiting our website
Once we know it’s you, we can customize your online visit.
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our website, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our website collected through the third parties mentioned above, you may opt-out by visiting the third parties opt-out pages, or through our dedicated cookies policy section in the footer of our website.
Why we collect personal information
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the information and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of LAMPSA, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by LAMPSA to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by LAMPSA to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of LAMPSA it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a visitor’s personal information by LAMPSA to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- LAMPSA will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- LAMPSA will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- LAMPSA will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- LAMPSA will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- LAMPSA will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at [email protected], using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].